Meghan & Guy
Which dress did you choose and why?
I chose the Galia Lahav Maya. It was the second gown I tried on and I knew the minute I saw it, it was the one. It was a stunning, fitted, semi-sheer mermaid gown (I was always bound to have a mermaid style dress given the little mermaid was my favourite movie growing up!). The 3D embroidered flowers over silk tulle combined with the sheer inserts on the sides set it against the rest for me. I loved how it flowed into a dramatic caviar tulle train and the off-the-shoulder straps were so elegant. It was my version of perfect and I felt amazing in it.
What would your advice be to other brides shopping for a wedding dress?
Go with exactly what you love and if you can, spare no expense! It is your one day to express yourself however you want and no ones opinion matters other than yours! My dress was the second dress I tried on, and I was in love instantly.
What made your wedding unique to you?
We were able to create the entire reception ourselves to make it exactly how we wanted it. From the set up, colours, furniture to the layout, location and everything in between it was 100% our vision and we had the best team to help us create our version on perfect.
- Invest in the dress! The ladies at Dion for Brides are incredible at helping you find the perfect dress.
- Spare nothing on photographers and videographers - it is all you have after the day is over apart from your memories.
- Make it unique. You can create your reception like a personal brand. Have fun with your signage, make sure it reflects who you are as a couple.
- Consider your guests. If you are having a location wedding, consider transport for them to and from the reception.
- Serve a signature drink at the bar. Offer your guests a drink that you love, steer away from the usual wine and beer if you can ~ have some fun with it!
Bridal Gown - Maya by Galia Lahav
Photographer - Christine Lim
Videographer - Josh Ball Weddings
Ceremony Venue - St Marys Church, Busselton
Reception Venue - Private farm in Rosa Glen, with TP&Co’s tipis set up.
Florist - Rose and Bud
Celebrant - Reverend Ian Mabey
Hair - Amy Baines
Make-up - About Face Make up by Jenna