Frequently Asked Questions
We love to ensure our Bride’s have our complete and full attention. To ensure we meet these needs, appointments are necessary.
We offer 2 types of appointments.
Our standard consultation runs for approximately 45 minutes. After the showroom walk through, we find that there is enough time to try on approximately 3-4 dresses.
Our extended consultation runs for approximately 1 ¼ hours. After your showroom walk through, we find you are able to try on approximately 7-8 Dresses. This appointment comes with a $25 charge which is made at the time of appointment booking.
We recommend our Extended Consultation to all Brides who feel they are not sure what they are after, or after visiting our website, have preselected more than 6 gowns that they would like to try.
Take some time to have a look at our Website and look through the Collections we have in store. Try to identify some gowns you like and please bring a note of these to discuss with your consultant.
If you are noting down more than 5-6 gowns we would suggest making an Extended Appointment.
Bring an open mind. We often see Bride’s falling in love with a dress that was completely different from what they thought they would like. Also don’t be surprised if you to find your perfect dress during your first appointment
Bring the list of gowns you like from what you have seen on our website or social media feeds.
Bring people whose opinion you value, people who know you well and those you want to share the experience of buying your gown with.
Make sure the people you bring will listen to what YOU want so that you are not overwhelmed with opinions which can take the focus off you. We find that more than 4 people can become overwhelming for the Bride.
We also have enough seating for about 4 people outside each Bridal fitting room.
We understand that purchasing your wedding gown is a big Decision and sometimes this cannot be done in the one appointment. We offer the opportunity to come back for a second visit to help you make your decision. If you require more than 2 appointments, the third appointment will carry a $50 3rd Appointment charge.
Most of the sample gowns we have in store are from size 6-14. We do have a selection of gowns up to a size 20.
At the request of our designers we adhere to a policy of no photos or videos during your Bridal appointment. Once you have made your decision and purchased your Gown, you are most welcome to take pictures.
It is always important to discuss all your options with your consultant at the time of purchasing your gown. Some veils have a 4 month delivery.
Of course! Many Brides find their dress on their first appointment, and many are happy to select all of their accessories as they are choosing their dress and everything can be tried on together.
You are more than welcome to revisit the store at a later date to choose, but again it is important to discuss what your preferences are so lead times for orders can be discussed with you.
No, you don’t need a specific appointment. Please visit our store at any time to discuss and try on accessories.
Galia Lahav, Enzoani, Demetrios, Badgley Mischka, Maggie Sottero, Sottero & Midgley, Kenneth Winston.
We recommend purchasing your gown at least 8 months in advance.
Most Designers will take 5-6 months for delivery and then allow 2 months to complete your alternations.
We do have express options available if you need a gown sooner, and it is best to talk to your consultant as soon as possible about your requirements.
Once you have purchased your gown, your measurements will be taken. These will then be used to find the best size for you, based on the Designers Standard Measurements Sizing Chart. The standard size closest to your measurements will be then ordered. This will be discussed with you as your order is being finalised.
You should expect to receive your gown approximately 5-6 months from paying your deposit. This will again be discussed with you at the time of purchase.
At the time of purchase we take a 50% deposit. Your order will then be placed.
We then will complete a 5 month layby of which your monthly payment amount will be written on your lay-by contract. Monthly payments can be made in store or over the phone.
We accept Visa & Mastercard payments. We do not accept American Express.
Once your gown has arrived in store, your outstanding balance (if there is one) will need to be paid on collection of your gown.
We have gowns in store priced from approximately $1,900 to over $20,000.
Occasionally, when we have a Designer Clearance, where gowns can be priced under $1,900.
Please schedule your Bridal fitting 2 months before your wedding. We will contact you when your dress arrives and then you will be able to schedule an appointment for your fitting.
Our Dressmakers are available for fitting appointments on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 10am-4pm.
Your shoes, Your dress (if you have already collected it), your hoop petticoat (if you have one), any undergarments you plan on wearing on the day.
Usually 2-3 fittings will be time enough time to complete the necessary alternations to your gown.
We are happy to ship the gown anywhere in Australia. Shipping costs will apply.
A trunk show is a special in-store event, where you can preview and buy from a designer’s latest collection months before they hit the stores. It is also an opportunity to view a Designers complete collection which includes many more gowns than would normally be available in store. If you find the dress of your dreams at a trunk show, be prepared to make a decision on that day, as the gown will not be in the store once the trunk show is over.
We will do our best!
If you don’t have the time to wait for our standard order gowns and an express order is not a possibility, you can purchase a stock gown off the rack from the selected gowns available in store.
Please discuss with our Consultants and they will be able to help you with all the options available.
If your wedding date is sooner than the time we typically need for order and delivery, we will need to consult with the designer and place an “express” order, for an additional fee.
In this instance, your gown may arrive 1-3 weeks before your wedding and details will be outlined in your contract at the time of purchase.
If your item has been ordered in specifically for you we are unable to offer refunds of exchanges. Please refer to our “Custom Order Conditions of Purchase Contract and Lay-By” below.
Sale Items are sold on an as is basis and all purchases are final.
We do not offer refunds for change of mind, incorrect size selection or wrong decisions.
- I confirm the dress size and measurements detailed on my Tax Invoice are correct and agreed to.
- I understand that this purchase is a custom order and if there are any changes in my size, measurements, colour or style from the original details on my Tax Invoice, and a new item is required, Dion for Brides reserves the right to charge a 50% restocking fee to order a new item.
- Lay-bys must be fully paid for and collected within 5 months of the purchase date and on arrival of the goods ordered. This date will be 5 months from your Tax Invoice date.
- Each month, a minimum monthly payment must be made. This payment is specified on your Tax Invoice.
- Gowns must be paid for in full prior to fittings. All alterations are charged for and in addition to the cost of the goods.
- Lay-bys and purchase will not be credited or exchanged and no refunds will be made if you simply change your mind or make a wrong decision.
- Cancellation of this contract, regardless of whether goods have been ordered, will incur a minimum 25% cancellation fee.
- Cancellation of this contract, after goods have been ordered, will incur a minimum 50% cancellation fee
- Once goods arrive in store they cannot be cancelled. no refund is payable. Goods must be paid for and collected.
- No refund or exchange will be made on any reduced price goods or sale items.
- All cancellations must be made in writing.
- Dion for Brides may cancel the lay-by agreement if:
- the customer has missed more than two consecutive scheduled monthly payments. The above cancellation fees will apply.
- the goods are no longer available due to circumstances outside of Dion for Brides control. In this instance, Dion for Brides will give the customer a full refund of any deposit paid.